To begin here with the right mindset, it is important to know why legacy is important. Legacy by definition connotes something inherited or received by a will. To illustrate this further, a legacy doesn’t necessarily mean something only in cash or kind such as the property. Your legacy indeed is full of assets that may not have market value, but they surely mean a lot to you as an individual. Family photographs, audio/video clips of some memorable events of the past alongside your family medical history, for instance, are simply priceless to you. All those put together implies that you must protect your legacy in the first place.
The million dollar question is how you should go about protecting the digital legacy. After all, the whole world is very keen on the digitization of assets thereby developing a robust digital asset management system in place. When you agree for digitization of assets, you essentially doubly ensure its’ security with the help of a private vault or two bespoke to your need.
Key means of safeguarding your legacy:
The journey begins here with the selection of a partner that has all that it takes to safeguard your interest in the first place. Having said that, we mean, you must know how, when, and who to work to protect your online assets.
- Growing company: Selecting a growing company like LegacyArmour over others, you do a favor to yourself. Having said that, we mean, a company grows only when it proves its worth to the clients. Unless a company has that on its side, it can never grow and sustain in the market in the long-run. Here, growth means an out of box service capacity through and with the help of safe deposit box, for instance. Your preference to work with a growing company is important especially in the face of the high decibel online threats like ransomware.
- Experience and expertise: Check beforehand the experience and expertise of the people especially those who are at the helm of everyday affairs in a security company. This gives you a true insight into the service standard of the company. You will see that there is a handful company like LegacyArmour in the US or in any other part of the world that have partners who themselves are security experts and have managed clients for more than two decades in their working life and the days are still counting.
- Vault facility: Check whether the security company has encrypted vault facility or not. A check like this beforehand is important here.
- Documents auto delivery: Human interference potentially increases threats to your digital legacy. Therefore, select a company that has documents auto delivery system to the designated recipients as per your will.
- User-friendly: The company must have a robust and user-friendly system that would allow you to add documents from time to time.
Likewise, the list may keep going vis-a-vis your personal preferences on protecting the digital legacy. In short, it is your ingenuity of selecting the right partner for your job that, in turn, will guarantee a 100% compliance and satisfaction to you.